Helping Millennials Manage Work and Achieve Goals
I have a million things to do, and I’m never quite sure what to work on next …
Being pulled in so many directions … where do I start, how do I keep track, how do I make time for MY GOALS? Feels like I am working hard, somewhat overwhelmed, yet little progress. Tired! Stressed! A little anxious! Stuck in the mud! But, wait, what are my goals? How do I make time for what’s important to me? … and at the same time, meet the demands of my job and personal responsibilities? There are only 24 hours in a day. There’s so much to do and to keep track of!
Seriously, I keep asking myself …
- Where am I going with my life?
- What do I need to do to get there?
- Which activities do I need to do more of, and which should I do less of – or maybe not at all?
- What do I need to get done this week?
- What must I get done today?
- Is there a specific task I need to be working on right now? And finally,
- Am I the only one who is majoring in procrastination?
If I had all of this all figured out, maybe I wouldn’t feel so overwhelmed and anxious all the time. It would be awesome to feel productive every day, and on track to reach my goals, like I’m in control of my future instead of all these things I have to do being in control of me.
Sound Familiar? Relax … There’s help.
Time Management in the Age of Anxiety
Time Management is nothing new. It’s a key performance skill, arguably the most important one, that’s been around for decades. What’s new is a millennial workforce entering the lion’s den, many of whom don’t have a “system” – i.e, the tools and processes to handle the amount of information coming at them at light speed. It’s an understatement to say that things have changed since the days of paper and pencil to do lists.
Dupont Learning’s Time Management in the Age of Anxiety is a training process that will help the millennial workers integrate the tools and processes to manage work … and their personal goals.
- Tools: Microsoft Outlook as a planning tool (Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Groups, etc.) (Note; this program can be adapted to other tools besides Outlook)
- Processes: Setting goals, creating action plans, scheduling meetings and tasks, managing contacts and delegations, keeping desk and email inbox clear, weekly and daily planning, daily decision-making as changes occur
2. Managing Your Calendar
3. Managing Tasks
4. Managing Communications
5. Managing e-Mail
7. Setting Goals
8. Weekly Planning
9. Daily Planning
10. Decision Making
How is the training delivered?
- 2-hour online, self-paced, e-learning course (this course can be modified to fit your company’s Employee Performance Management System).
- Optional one-on-one follow-up meetings (remote personal webinar – normally 1-hour) – to help reinforce key concepts, further support daily habits, and tailor the tools and techniques to individual jobs, personalities and thinking style. Program participants can receive one or more individual follow-up sessions with a system consultant.
Customize this program to compliment your company’s Performance Management System
Dupont Learning can customize the program to better fit your company’s Performance Management System – and can help individuals in your company develop these critical new habits. Note that it takes 30 days to form new habits, so good training programs include personal follow-up to assist the millennial worker integrate the new behaviors, overcome later doubts, and generally hold the trainee accountable for integrating the changes – permanently.
The Results …
This program will help millennial workers better control day-to-day work with everyday tools (Microsoft Outlook), plus adapt better planning, prioritizing and decision-making routines. The result will be:
- One hour more per day on higher value (goal-related) activities,
- Better control over a higher work volume
- Less stress (caused by too many tasks / not enough time, forgetting things, etc.)
- Practical boost to your Employee Performance Management System
Who is Dupont Learning?
Tom and Dyan Dupont started Dupont Learning by purchasing a Priority Management Training franchise in 1988. Over the next 15 years or so, Dupont Learning provided time management training to thousands of professionals at top companies like Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, GE, Proctor & Gamble, Coca-Cola, Unilever, US Tobacco, and many more.
Over the past 10 years, Dupont Learning has branched out into other types of e-Learning development services.