The cooking area of a restaurant offers workers an opportunity for developing cooking skills, while learning to handle equipment and organize tasks. All workers in this area may also be exposed to fire hazards.
Workers are exposed to fire hazards in restaurants from heat-producing equipment such as burners, ovens, and grills due to:
- Working around open flames
- Un-emptied grease traps (possible grease fires)
- Dirty ducts (possible flue fires)
- Improper storage of flammable items
- Faulty or frayed electrical cords
- Poor housekeeping
Contact Dupont Learning to learn more.